Everyone want a peaceful and quiet life, but only few people know how to pure our mind so that we can get it. According to teaching of Buddha, let me share you 14 mental factors that help our consciousness decided and do wholesome deeds.
1. Saddha = faith, confidence
Faith in Buddha, his teaching (Dharma) and his disciples (sangha), and accept the truth of Karma (action and reaction)
2. Sati = mindfulness, awareness
Recollecting, remembering or heedfulness in the meritorious deeds perform in the past and looking forward of it with mindfulness.
3. Hiri = moral shame
Ashamed to do evil deeds.
4. Ottappa = moral fear or dread
Fear to do evil deeds
5. Alobha = non-greed, generosity
6. Adosa = non-hatred, good will
7. Amoha = non-delusion, wisdom
8. Metta = loving-kindness
9. Karuna = compassion (for poor people)
10. Upekha = equanimity (for any kind of deeds of other that effect you)
11. Mudita = sympathetic joy (for people who excel you)
12. Sammakammanta = right action
13. Sammavaca = right speech
14. Samna-ajiva = right livelihood
These fourteen good mental factors enhance the mind to pure and wholesome. As having these mental factors, we always do wholesome things so that we get happiness life.
Note – I refer you to read the book ‘Abdhimma in Daily Life’, in which the facts are written.
Author: Aung Kham