This day, the most people talking about in mobile field is about Xiaomi’s new UI. Xiaomi showed their new UI, MIUI 5. As the theme design is very closed to iOS7 & 8, people are saying that Xiaomi copied and redesigned UI of iOS. It became a urgument discussion on internet. Some say no, but some say yes. Even many tech media is saying that it is enough with the drama story with Xiaomi. So what is your opinion?
I also before appreciate Xiaomi for their innovation. They created the high end smartphone with cheap price, which only cost between 300 and 400 USD. Some even said CEO of Xiaomi is Chinese Steve Job. It may be true now. Steve Job said ‘the good artist copy and the great artist steal’. By reading many news and article, many are also claiming that Apple don’t own flat UI and that UI is first appeared in Google products and platforms. Some technologies and features used in iOS7 were also already in Google’s Android before. So the case is a little complicated. Some people even claimed that Xiaomi in last two year already showed their flat UI and today UI is just renovation of original UI. Ok. I won’t judge the condition. Xiaomi should try something better than current flat UI. As it is very closed appearance with iOS7, it became a hot topic.
Xiaomi, Chinese company targeted Asia and other Europe and America countries where US product cannot good deep. It became a market leader easily. According to this problem, it will be not sure that they can get a market place in US and other rich countries. For the current time, Xiaomi’s Mi3 and Mi4 are top market leading smartphone in Asia and Brazil as all are sold out within few hours online. Mi4 smartphone specification is below.
• Stainless steel frame
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 801(MSM8974-AC) chipset, 3GB RAM, 16/64GB Flash
• 5-inch 1080p IPS Sharp/ Japan Display OGS (One Glass Solution) display, very high color gamut (84% of NTSC range)
• 13MP rear camera, f1.8, real-time HDR, 4K video recording (Sony IMX 214)
• 8MP front camera, f1.8, 80-degree wide angle (Sony IMX 219)
• 3080 mAh internal battery, quick charging at 9V/1.2A or 5V/2A
• Swappable back plate
• UMTS & TDD-LTE support (international FDD-LTE availability TBA)
• Approx. $320 (16GB) and $400 (64GB)
Tell me your opinion if Xiaomi do or don’t copy.
Author: Aung Kham